INDIANAPOLIS, IN. (THECOUNT) — The family of an Indianapolis teen severely burned while conducting a popular YouTube challenge, is trying to raise awareness about the dangers of performing the stunt.

Kyland Clark said he and a friend were performing the “Hot Water Challenge,” when he was severely burned. The “challenge” consists of someone surprise attacking the unsuspecting victim by pouring boiling water on them.

Advertisement

Clark, 15, was reportedly sleeping when he says the friend poured boiling hot water on him as part of the prank.

“And then I looked down at my chest. My skin just fell off my chest, and then I looked in the mirror and I had skin falling off here and, on my face,” said Clark.

The prank resulted in Clark suffering second-degree burns on his back, chest, and face. He had to stay in the hospital for a week while undergoing treatment.

“To see my baby, all burned up like that, it was heartbreaking,” his mother Andrea said. source

“If your friends are telling you to do this, they aren’t good friends,” the doctor treating the teen said.

“There’s a limit to what you should do in a challenge and what you shouldn’t. Don’t take it overboard,” Clark said.

Clark is expected to fully recover from his injuries over time.

Have Something To Add To This Story?
Comment Your Thoughts Below!
Share This Post With Friends And Family!