A Las Vegas man is telling the agonizing tale of his mother’s battle with E. coli, which all started with a few bites of raw cookie dough and ended in her death last summer.

Richard Simpson speaking at a FDA hearing Thursday claims that his mother, Linda Rivera, consumed a small portion of prepackaged cookie dough back in 2009, which set off a cavalcade of health problems.

Advertisement

linda-rivera-raw-cookie-dough 4

Simpson, 22, said that his mom’s kidneys stopped functioning and she went into septic shock. She got progressively sicker and suffered further organ failure, and even had a section of her large intestines taken out before she died in July 2013 at the age of 61. “There were moments of hope — and of despair,” Simpson told ABC. “She fought very hard. We knew she didn’t want to give up.” h/t pix11

Rivera did settle a claim against Nestle, which recalled its Toll House pre-made cookie dough in 2009 after 65 people in more than two dozen states reported being sickened by E. coli infections after eating the cookie dough.

Have Something To Add To This Story?
Comment Your Thoughts Below!
Share This Post With Friends And Family!