A dozen families involved in the Colorado movie massacre will share in 70% of $5 million collected in donations after a mediator finally completed the tast of assigning the funds. The other 30% is said to go to folks who suffered physical injuries.
The families of the 12 people killed in the Aurora shooting massacre — along with several people who suffered permanent injuries in the attack — will split the majority of the $5 million in donations raised to assist the victims of the attack.
A mediator tasked with dividing the funds has announced the above-mentioned people will split 70% of the funds — roughly $200k each.
The mediator says the rest of the cash will go to people who suffered physical injuries — the more severe the injury, the more money they will receive.
Aside from the 12 people killed, 58 people were wounded in the July 20 shooting in Aurora, CO.
The mediator says … due to limited funds, none of the money will go toward people who did not require overnight hospitalization … and the cash will NOT be used to aid theater-goers who were physically unharmed, but claim they suffer from mental trauma.
As for the shooter James Holmes, he’s still in custody facing murder charges.
James Joker Holmes appeared in court this morning and gone was his orange/ red/ pink/ freak dye job… This is all we got, an artist, courtroom rendering…
I have had countless requests for more information about the woman who was sitting to the left of the Joker, James Holmes, throughout his courtroom advisement. Her name is Tamara Brady, and she was randomly picked as Holmes’ assigned public defender. While suspects usually interact with their defenders during the judge’s address, Holmes sat completely silent — rolling his eyes and practically falling asleep… Continue reading
Several witnesses including this man, say that they think someone deliberately let the gunman inside once the movie started.
In his own words: Continue reading
Since the tragic shooting at the movie theater in Aurora, CO, during “Batman: Dark Knight Rises,” I’ve been wondering if you guys are freaked about going in a theater to see the movie now?
Before this mishap, I was set on seeing the film this weekend, but now I’m not so sure…
At a news conference this afternoon, addressing the horrible Aurora, CO theater shooting during last night’s midnight showing of “Batman: Dark Knight Rises,” New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly says the shooter thought he was “The Joker.”
Kelly told reporters,“We have some information, most of it is public. It clearly looks like a deranged individual. He had his hair painted red, he said he was ‘The Joker,’ obviously the ‘enemy’ of Batman.”
But isn’t The Joker known to have green hair? Not red?
Follow Author Lisa Mason Lee on Twitter @LisaMasonLee
Like Lisa on Facebook