No Charges Against Officers Who Shot Jamar Clarke Sparking More Protests

THECOUNT.COM "News You Can Count On!" - March 30, 2016

Advertisement

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman made the controversial announcement Wednesday morning that he will not be filing charges against two officers in the November 15, 2015, fatal shooting of an unarmed Jamar Clark in Minneapolis.

The four-month-long investigation cleared Officers Mark Ringgenberg and Dustin Schwarze in the shooting of Clarke, which led to protests outside of the police precinct near where Clark was killed.

jamar clark shooting video


Advertisement


Freeman’s office said in a press release. Freeman had previously announced he would not be using a grand jury in the case.In a press release, Freeman said the investigation found Clark was not handcuffed when he was shot, contrary to some witness reports. Police had been called because Clark, a suspect in a domestic violence incident, allegedly was interfering with paramedics’ efforts to treat the victim, Clark’s girlfriend. h/t theheavy

jamar clark shooting video

Freeman also released unedited video footage recorded from cameras in two different ambulances. There was no body cam or dashboard camera footage available.

NEXT

FILE UNDER: , , ,

Advertisement


TRENDING:
VIDEO Catches Black Girl Assaulting White Dude Over His Dreadlocks
PA Woman Found Beaten Strangled To Death In Bathtub