FORT LAUDERDALE, FL. (THECOUNT) — Cesar Sayoc has been detained at his Plantation, Fla. home in connection to the incidents, sources told PIX11 Friday. It is not yet known if he is suspected of sending all of the packages.
Federal authorities have arrested a man in connection to the suspected explosive packages discovered this week, according to multiple law enforcement sources.
The stream above shows aerials from a property near Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in connection with the investigation. The person of interest taken in custody has not yet been identified, but he is described as a 50s-something white male from New York now living in Florida. He is said to have an extensive criminal history for making “terrorist threats,” which means a threat against a person or property.
As the FBI confirmed an 11th suspicious package had been recovered in Florida, the New York Police Department is investigating a 12th package Friday.
Authorities could be seen securing a van for transport to a police facility.
DEVELOPING.
JACKSONVILLE, FL (THECOUNT) — Janarious Mykel Wheeler, known professionally as Lil Poppa, has died from…
LOS ANGELES, CA (THECOUNT) — Claudia Funk, 35, has been identified as the woman killed…
MONTGOMERY VILLAGE, MD (THECOUNT) — Lascelle Lee IV has been identified as the 6-year-old boy…
WILMINGTON, NC (THECOUNT) — Tacoma Reda, 22, and Ofelia Landa, 62, have been identified as…
TIPP CITY, OH. (THECOUNT) -- Ashley Flynn, 37, was shot and killed inside her Tipp…
WICHITA, KS. (THECOUNT) -- Shaun Keller has been identified as the motorcycle rider killed in…