The BBC is reporting, Jeremy Clarkson‘s Top Gear contract will not be renewed. Clarkson had been on suspension after being involved in a physical altercation with Oisin Tymon, one of the show’s line producers.
More than one million Clarkson fans had signed a petition demanding the long time host’s return.
However, the BBC’s director general Tony Hall said in a statement, “a line has been crossed” and he “cannot condone what has happened on this occasion” and he had “not taken this decision lightly” and recognised it would “divide opinion”. h/t bbc
Clarkson was suspended on 10 March, following what was called a “fracas” with Tymon in a Yorkshire hotel. The argument and resulting altercation was said to have occurred because no hot food was provided for him following a day’s filming.
THE INTERNETS. (THECOUNT) -- For centuries, the question has lingered in classrooms, philosophy lectures, and…
DULUTH, MN. (THECOUNT) — The University of Minnesota Duluth community is mourning the loss of…
LOS ANGELES, CA. (THECOUNT) — Ronda Rousey (12-2 MMA) and Gina Carano (7-1 MMA) are…
GREENACRES, FLA. (THECOUNT) — Emmanuel Alzate of Lake Worth, Florida, was killed late Monday night…
PAWTUCKET, R.I. (THECOUNT) — Robert Dorgan, 56, has been identified by authorities as the gunman…
PAWTUCKET, R.I. (THECOUNT) — A shooting at the Dennis M. Lynch Arena in Pawtucket, Rhode…