There’s a classic story about Tina Turner and her absolute hatred of the song, “What’s Love Got To Do With It,” but at least someone convinced her to record the song which turned out to be her biggest hit. Some other singers weren’t so lucky, turning down the chance to record the song of a lifetime…
1) Nicole Scherzinger revealed she had the opportunity to record “We Found Love, in a hopeless place” a smash record that became Rihanna’s biggest hit… “I passed on ‘We Found Love,'” Scherzinger said in an interview with Notion Magazine, “I’ve got the demo of that song and I was busy at the time.” OUCH!
American Sets Woman's Pole Vaulting World Record
Serena Williams Crashes Tiger Woods ON GREEN Chased Down By Security
3) The hit “Disturbia” was turned down by Chris Brown but picked up and dusted off by Rihanna. Brown opted to record “Forever” instead, and gave “Disturbia” to his girlfriend Rihanna.
4) “Rock Your Body” was turned down by Michael Jackson but eventually recorded by his prodigy, Justin Timberlake. MJ passed on “Rock Your Body,” and a number of other “Justified” songs, before the tracks went to JT, lucky.
5) “Since U Been Gone” was turned down by Pink AND Hillary Duff but newcomer Kelly Clarkson glady took it and made a carrer out of it… It was Clive Davis who convinced the producers to give the song to Clarkson.
6) “S.O.S.” was turned down by Christina Milian and recorded by Rihanna. That track spent three weeks atop the Hot 100 becoming Riri’s first number one single. Christina Milian’s last hit was “Dip It Low” in 2004.
7) “Umbrella” was trashed by Britney Spears but recorded by, you guessed it, Rihanna which rocketed to No. 1.
8) “How Will I Know” was let go by Janet Jackson and picked up by Whitney Houston! Songwriters George Merrill and Shannon Rubicam reportedly approached Janet with a demo, but she passed.
9) “Holiday” was 86ed by Mary Wilson and famously recorded by Madonna.
10) “Don’t Cha, (wish you had a GF)” was turned down by Paris Hilton! and recorded by The Pussycat Dolls! Hilton’s 2006 debut LP “Paris” never scored a hit on the level of “Don’t Cha,” and could have used the track as an introduction to her short-lived sonic style.
|Britney Spears, Christina Milian, Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Nicole Scherzinger, Rihanna, Rock Your Body, We Found Love|