There’s a classic story about Tina Turner and her absolute hatred of the song, “What’s Love Got To Do With It,” but at least someone convinced her to record the song which turned out to be her biggest hit. Some other singers weren’t so lucky, turning down the chance to record the song of a lifetime…
1) Nicole Scherzinger revealed she had the opportunity to record “We Found Love, in a hopeless place” a smash record that became Rihanna’s biggest hit… “I passed on ‘We Found Love,'” Scherzinger said in an interview with Notion Magazine, “I’ve got the demo of that song and I was busy at the time.” OUCH!
3) The hit “Disturbia” was turned down by Chris Brown but picked up and dusted off by Rihanna. Brown opted to record “Forever” instead, and gave “Disturbia” to his girlfriend Rihanna.
4) “Rock Your Body” was turned down by Michael Jackson but eventually recorded by his prodigy, Justin Timberlake. MJ passed on “Rock Your Body,” and a number of other “Justified” songs, before the tracks went to JT, lucky.
5) “Since U Been Gone” was turned down by Pink AND Hillary Duff but newcomer Kelly Clarkson glady took it and made a carrer out of it… It was Clive Davis who convinced the producers to give the song to Clarkson.
6) “S.O.S.” was turned down by Christina Milian and recorded by Rihanna. That track spent three weeks atop the Hot 100 becoming Riri’s first number one single. Christina Milian’s last hit was “Dip It Low” in 2004.
7) “Umbrella” was trashed by Britney Spears but recorded by, you guessed it, Rihanna which rocketed to No. 1.
8) “How Will I Know” was let go by Janet Jackson and picked up by Whitney Houston! Songwriters George Merrill and Shannon Rubicam reportedly approached Janet with a demo, but she passed.
9) “Holiday” was 86ed by Mary Wilson and famously recorded by Madonna.
10) “Don’t Cha, (wish you had a GF)” was turned down by Paris Hilton! and recorded by The Pussycat Dolls! Hilton’s 2006 debut LP “Paris” never scored a hit on the level of “Don’t Cha,” and could have used the track as an introduction to her short-lived sonic style.
Lil Wayne is gonna be a daddy twice this year by 2 different women!! Singer Nivea Hamilton and model/actress Lauren London of “ATL” and the upcoming “I love You Beth Cooper”.
Man, Lil Wayne you are having the best year ever! Congratulations to Wayne for his growing family. I hope that for Christmas he gets an industrial size mega box of condoms from Costco. Safe sex kids, always practice safe sex unless you’re a rapper who has the top selling album of 2008, 218 tattoos, and a mouth full of pirate treasure.
- Christina Milian and her hubby to be The Dream
It was confirmed Thursday night that the singer songwriter responsible for Beyonce’s infectious 2008 song of the year ”Single Ladies” and Rihanna’s “Umbrella” has asked actress/singer Christina Milian to be his wife. Christina has been spotted with a giant rock (diamond ring) on her finger for a few weeks now but The Dream finally confirmed the speculation to S2S at a Keyshia Cole featuring The Dream concert in Washington D.C. Congratulations to the happy couple, perhaps as a wedding present he’ll write her 2009’s song of the year.
I certainly love it! Here is R&B songstress Christina Milian with her new bleach blond due, at a basketball game. The blond hair, the sunglasses, the red lipstick, it all makes her look like Ms. California. I hope this summer everyone goes wild with style and lets it all hang loose.