Anton Harris, a recent high school graduate, had been named as the suspect in a string of sexual assaults targeting women in their 20s since the summer of 2015.
Harris, 18, targeted at least one woman who was jogging, then followed the victim into her apartment or forced his way inside and used a knife or a gun, SAPD Chief William McManus said.
The suspect’s DNA, obtained through a discarded cup, was positively linked to all six victims, McManus said. Harris was arrested near North Star Mall. He will be charged with six counts of aggravated sexual assault, according to the police chief. h/t foxsanantonio
Surveillance footage that SAPD released in January shows Harris, McManus said.
In late May, police said a suspect, who hadn’t been identified at the time, forced his way into a 24-year-old woman’s apartment as she was entering, then sexually assaulted her.
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, FL. (THECOUNT) — Lauryn Marie Akey, 21, of Bradenton, Florida, was killed early…
MANHATTAN, NY. (THECOUNT) — Donike Gocaj, 56, of Briarcliff Manor, New York, died Monday night…
SAN DIEGO, CA. (THECOUNT) — Mansour Kaziha, Nader Awad, and Amin Abdullah were identified Tuesday…
STARBASE, TX. (THECOUNT) — José Luis “Joe” Bautista Jr., 25, of Donna, Texas, died after…
MUNSTER TWP., PA. (THECOUNT) — Calvin Ates, 27, of the Nanty Glo area, Pennsylvania, was…
ROCHESTER TWP., MN. (THECOUNT) — Aidan Hugeback, 23, of Byron, Minnesota, was killed Monday afternoon…