A former banker and movie executive who said police beat him in a motel room while he was raging on designer drug, bath salts, has lost his $20 million excessive force claim against the Los Angeles Police Department.
A jury returned the verdict Friday after hearing testimony from Brian Mulligan and the two officers who said they restrained but did not beat him. Mulligan acknowledged using a drug known as bath salts in the weeks leading up to the incident.
Mulligan said that he was driven to the drug to deal with sleeping problems but denied the substance made him paranoid at the time of a confrontation with officers.
The officers painted a portrait of an uncontrollable man frothing at the mouth. They denied beating him with batons.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (THECOUNT) — Kyle Busch, the two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion and one of…
CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, PA. (THECOUNT) — Milo Corll, who had been reported missing by friends earlier…
WEST BATON ROUGE PARISH, LA. (THECOUNT) — Taniya Smith, 24, of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, was…
NATCHITOCHES PARISH, LA. (THECOUNT) — Felisha Roe, 40, of Palestine, Texas, was killed early Thursday…
LEE'S SUMMIT, MO. (THECOUNT) — Edward M. Strickland, 34, of Kansas City, Missouri, was killed…
MADISON, CONN. (THECOUNT) — Joseph R. Baez, 28, of Providence, Rhode Island, was killed Tuesday…