Doug Melvin, GM of the Milwaukee Brewers is recovering after being stung by a scorpion! His wife shrieked when she saw what she believed was a harmless insect crawling around their posh Phoenix area condo summoning Melvin the manly man to deal with the tiny intruder and when he went in for the pick up with a wadded-up Kleenex, the scorpion stung him right on through!



Arizona bark scorpion is highly venomous and in rare cases can be fatal!

After Melvin got hit on his middle finger his entire left arm went numb, making it impossible to move, so Melvin did what most of us do in a crisis, he Googled scorpion stings and headed to the emergency room.

628x471“It stung me right through the Kleenex,” Melvin told reporters Thursday morning at the Brewers’ spring training complex in Maryvale, Ariz. “My arm started swelling and then the numbness started going up my arm, like when you hit your funny bone. I was wondering if it might go all the way up my arm and go to my heart. I got nervous when it got up to my shoulder, so I went to the emergency room.” Melvin said he spent three hours in the ER but felt well enough to be at work Thursday. “My arm is still totally numb,” he said. “They gave me (pain medication) and just watched me for a couple of hours. They said your vision can go blurry from that. It was more an education on it, but my arm is still numb. First off, they tell you it’s not fatal. But you can have an allergic reaction to it and need an anti-venom injection.”

So what about the next time? Will Melvin still take the humanitarian approach? Naw,

“I’m going to have (Ellen) kill it with her shoe,” he said.

Have Something To Add To This Story?
Comment Your Thoughts Below!
Share This Post With Friends And Family!