Producers say work on the next James Bond film has been halted indefinitely because of uncertainty about the future of distributor Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.
Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli say development of the movie was suspended after MGM failed to find a buyer. They said late Monday they did not know when work would resume.
MGM put itself up for sale after a slump in DVD sales and a lack of hits left it unable to manage a $3.7 billion debt.
Wilson and Broccoli’s EON Productions has produced 22 Bond thrillers since 1962. The new film, known only as “Bond 23,” had been due for release in 2011 or 2012.
Bond actor Daniel Craig says he has confidence in the producers and looks forward to production resuming.
PALM BEACH, FL. (THECOUNT) — Austin Tucker Martin has been identified as the armed man…
EAST HEMPFIELD TOWNSHIP, PA. (THECOUNT) — Heather Bare, of York, Pennsylvania, has been identified as…
LAKE COUNTY, IN. (THECOUNT) — Rylee Hanson has been identified as the victim killed in an…
FAYETTE COUNTY, AL (THECOUNT) — Brianna Hope Marchman and Javarius Walker have been identified as…
TIPP CITY, OH (THECOUNT) Caleb Flynn, previously reported in connection with what authorities initially believed…
WALKER COUNTY, AL (THECOUNT) — Whittney M. Barrentine and Chester G. Brown have been identified…