COMPTON, CA. (THECOUNT) — Richard Jefferson Sr. was named as the Compton man killed in a drive-by shooting in Compton, CA, Wednesday evening, TMZ is reporting.
65-year-old Richard Jefferson Sr., was said to be visiting a liquor store in a primarily residential area of Compton around 6:52 PM, when a vehicle approached with at least one occupant opening fire.
Jefferson Sr. was struck multiple times in the torso.
He was transported to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead of gunshot wounds suffered in the shooting.
Sources say Jefferson Sr. was with 2 other men at the time of the shooting. It’s unclear if Jefferson Sr. was the target. source
Jefferson Sr. is reportedly the father of NBA star of the same name.
The L.A. Sheriff’s Dept. said the investigation is ongoing.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (THECOUNT) — Kyle Busch, the two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion and one of…
CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, PA. (THECOUNT) — Milo Corll, who had been reported missing by friends earlier…
WEST BATON ROUGE PARISH, LA. (THECOUNT) — Taniya Smith, 24, of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, was…
NATCHITOCHES PARISH, LA. (THECOUNT) — Felisha Roe, 40, of Palestine, Texas, was killed early Thursday…
LEE'S SUMMIT, MO. (THECOUNT) — Edward M. Strickland, 34, of Kansas City, Missouri, was killed…
MADISON, CONN. (THECOUNT) — Joseph R. Baez, 28, of Providence, Rhode Island, was killed Tuesday…