USS, GEORGE HW BUSH. (THECOUNT) — The Navy identified the sailor aboard the USS George H.W. Bush that was killed Monday in an accident as Airman Apprentice Joseph Min Naglak.
Naglak was struck by a turning propeller of an E-2C Hawkeye after securing the aircraft to the flight deck, a Navy news release said.
Naglak, who enlisted in the Navy in his home state of New Jersey in April 2017, was an Aviation Boatswain’s Mate (Handling) Airman Apprentice, the Navy said.
Nearly 30 ships had just returned after being sortied to avoid impact from Hurricane Florence last week, but according to Navy spokesman Commander Dave Hecht, Monday’s incident occurred while the ship was out to sea. source
This is a developing story.
LANCASTER COUNTY, SC. (THECOUNT) -- The body discovered in a wooded area in Lancaster, South…
MERCER COUNTY, OH. (THECOUNT) -- Anthony George Cole, 47, of Celina, was killed in a…
LOS ANGELES, CA. (THECOUNT) -- Aubrey Plaza, known for her role in "The White Lotus,"…
LOS ANGELES, CA. (THECOUNT) -- In a heartwarming turn of events amidst the devastation of…
North Yorkshire, UK. (THECOUNT) -- Off-duty police officer, Rosie Prior, and driver, Ryan Welford, perished…
LOS ANGELES, CA. (THECOUNT) -- The ongoing California wildfires have wreaked havoc, particularly in the…
View Comments
Fair winds and following seas brother....RIP