Floyd “Money” Mayweather will live up to his moniker after it was revealed the boxer is set to earn more in one night than most star athletes earn in their entire career.
For example, here are some of the most eye-popping contracts in sports history, compare that to Mayweather, whose earnings to fight Pacquiao on May 2nd, are expected to exceed $180 million.
• Giancarlo Stanton, Miami Marlins, 13-year deal, $352 million
• Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers, 10-year deal, $292 million
• Alex Rodriguez, New York Yankees, 10-year deal, $275 million
• Alex Rodriguez, Texas Rangers, 10-year deal, $252 million
• Robinson Cano, Seattle Mariners, 10-year deal, $240 million
• Albert Pujols, Los Angeles Angels, 10-year deal, $240 million
• Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, 3-year deal, $240 million
• Joey Votto, Cincinnati Reds, 10-year deal, $225 million
• Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers, 7-year deal, $215 million
• Prince Fielder, Detroit Tigers, 9-year deal, $214 million
• Max Scherzer, Washington Nationals, 7-year deal, $210 million
• Derek Jeter, New York Yankees, 10-year deal, $189 million
• Joe Mauer, Minnesota Twins, 8-year deal, $184 million
That’s the list. Only 13 athletes in the history of sports have earned more in one contract than Mayweather will earn on May 2 to meet Pacquiao. And just imagine what they’ll make if there is a rematch. Or two.