Galaxy S4 BURSTS INTO FLAMES While Under Teen’s Pillow

THECOUNT.COM "ALWAYS OPEN! Since 2005!" - July 28, 2014

A 13-year-old girl was awoken by the smell of something burning. That something was her Samsung Galaxy S4..

As she slept, the Galaxy S4 slipped under her pillow and caught fire in the middle of the night and had begun to burn her pillow and sheets.

galaxy-s4-fire

Advertisement


TRENDING: Is Volleyball Player SO BEAUTIFUL She's Distracting? Coach Says YES

CLICK PHOTOS TO SEE MORE

“I didn’t think much of it, so I went back to sleep and then I woke up again and it was more prominent,” 13-year-old Ariel Tolfree told KDFW. And it’s a good thing she woke up — pictures from the scene show that the phone had begun to badly burn the girl’s pillow and bed before it was extinguished. As the girl’s father later admits, the battery in Tolfree’s phone was not an original Samsung part, but instead a third-party battery that is not authorized for use in Samsung devices. While third-party parts and accessories can often be cheaper than their OEM counterparts, the lower prices can clearly come at a cost. source

 
Luckily the girl was not injured in the fire, though her father says that Samsung should display more visible warnings against using non-OEM parts in its phones.

Have Something To Add To This Story?
Comment Your Thoughts Below!
Share This Post With Friends And Family!

FILE UNDER: , , , , , , , , ,



TRENDING:
Is Volleyball Player SO BEAUTIFUL She's Distracting? Coach Says YES | Nicki Minaj Anaconda PHOTOSHOPPED! Before And After