Categories: ThecounT

Japan’s Beethoven EXPOSED NOT Deaf! Used Ghostwriter

A man lauded as “Japan’s Beethoven” for the past 20 years has now apologized Friday after being exposed as a fake. Dude can hammer the ivories, the problem is, he can’t write a tune to save his life. And that bit about his being deaf? Also a ruse.

Mamoru Samuragochi appeared clean-shaven and minus his trademark sunglasses and long hair, in what could be seen as a sign of remorse. He apologized for the troubles he had caused his fans, producers behind his works and others.

“I will speak the truth,” he told reporters, looking contrite in a dark jacket. “I will make this my last appearance on TV.”

He acknowledged he had worked with his collaborator Takashi Niigaki in secret for 18 years. Niigaki recently told a tabloid magazine he was the ghostwriter behind the works, including the “Hiroshima” symphony. source

Olympian figure-skater Daisuke Takahashi used a Samuragochi tune at the Sochi games. The disclosure that Samuragochi might have been an impostor has been major news in Japan after he had been featured in mainstream Japanese TV shows. CD sales of music credited to him has surged since the scandal erupted.

Samuragochi, 50, said his hearing had been recovering from about three years ago, but denied he was posturing as deaf, and said he still had hearing problems. Yeah, and now with this news, a few more problems..

THECOUNT.COM "ALWAYS OPEN! Since 2005!"

this is why i'm hot

Recent Posts

Beloved Actor Robert Duvall Dead

UPPERVILLE, VA. (THECOUNT) — Robert Selden Duvall, 95, the Oscar-winning actor whose career spanned seven…

4 hours ago

Surfing Legend Kurt Van Dyke Stabbed To Death In Costa Rica Home Invasion

CAHUITA, COSTA RICA (THECOUNT) — Kurt Eugene Van Dyke, 66, of Santa Cruz, California, was…

4 hours ago

IN Man Tyler Dukes ID’d As Victim In Sunday Holden Fatal Crash

RIPLEY COUNTY, IN. (THECOUNT) — Tyler Dukes, 37, of Madison, Indiana, was killed Sunday afternoon…

5 hours ago

SC Man Ernest McCants ID’d As Pedestrian In Saturday Night Sumter Fatal Vehicle Strike

SUMTER, SC. (THECOUNT) — Ernest McCants, 54, of Sumter, South Carolina, was killed Saturday night…

23 hours ago

Jay Leno Plans $52M Car Collection Donation, $7M Bequest to Nephew and Wife’s Brother

LOS ANGELES, CA. (THECOUNT) — Jay Leno, 74, the comedian and former host of “The…

1 day ago

OH Victims ID’d In Saturday Wayne Township Triple-Fatal Crash

WAYNE TOWNSHIP, OH. (THECOUNT) — Adam Cornelison, 18, of Duncan Falls; Bradley Stanley, 53, of…

1 day ago