LAS VEGAS, NV. (THECOUNT)Suge Knight is sharing a startling account of what he says happened to Tupac Shakur following the rapper’s 1996 death, claiming Tupac’s ashes were eventually rolled into blunts and smoked by people staying with his mother in a Las Vegas hotel room.

Knight, who was riding in the BMW with Shakur when the rapper was fatally shot in Las Vegas nearly 30 years ago, told TMZ that Shakur’s mother wanted her son cremated shortly after his death.

Advertisement

According to Knight, someone connected him with a man who worked at or had access to a funeral home. Knight said he contacted the man late at night and asked him to arrange Shakur’s cremation immediately.

Knight said the man initially told him he was unable to perform the cremation that night because he was busy for the next several days. Knight then obtained the man’s address and went to his home, carrying two bags of cash.

Knight claimed one bag contained $200,000 while the other contained $1 million. He said he initially offered the man the $200,000 bag in exchange for immediately cremating Shakur.

When the man allegedly refused, Knight said he offered both bags, putting $1.2 million on the table for the immediate cremation. Knight claims the man accepted the larger offer and agreed to proceed that night.

Knight then made another claim about what happened to Shakur’s remains after the cremation.

According to Knight, Shakur’s mother had people come to the Las Vegas hotel room where she was staying. Knight said the group rolled some of the rapper’s ashes into several marijuana blunts and smoked them.

Knight said he did not participate. He explained that he was on probation at the time and believed smoking Shakur’s ashes could have violated the terms of his probation.

The claims are Knight’s account of events and have not been independently established. No additional documentation supporting the alleged cash payment or cremation arrangement was provided in the material released with the interview.

Shakur was killed on September 7, 1996, after attending a Mike Tyson boxing match at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Knight was driving a BMW carrying the rapper when another vehicle pulled alongside them and gunfire erupted.

Shakur was struck multiple times in the shooting and was transported to University Medical Center of Southern Nevada, where he died six days later at age 25.

The killing remained unsolved for decades before Las Vegas authorities arrested Duane “Keffe D” Davis in 2023 and charged him with murder in connection with the case.

Davis has pleaded not guilty and is currently on trial in Las Vegas. Prosecutors allege he played a central role in orchestrating the shooting, while the defense has challenged the evidence against him.

Knight has also previously said he believes Davis was not the only person involved in what he has characterized as an assassination. Those claims remain separate from the criminal allegations currently being litigated against Davis.

The trial comes nearly three decades after one of the most closely watched unsolved killings in hip-hop history. Shakur’s death has generated numerous theories and competing accounts over the years, but the current criminal case against Davis represents the first prosecution directly tied to the rapper’s killing.

DEVELOPING::