MA Man Instant Regret After Flaming Gas Can In Above Ground Pool Proves Bad Idea

THECOUNT.COM "ALWAYS OPEN! Since 2005!" - April 29, 2019

SPRINGFIELD, MA. (THECOUNT) — A Springfield man is mourning the death of his above ground pool after accidentally torching it with a flaming gas can.

Emergency Crews were called to the Castle Street neighborhood on reports of a pool fire late Monday afternoon after the homeowner was attempting to light a fire pit with a gas can, and a flash fire occurred.

Advertisement


TRENDING: Buffalo Man Cameron Kosman ID'd As Victim In Sunday Fatal Kihei HI Motorcycle Crash

CLICK PHOTOS TO SEE MORE

The quick thinking, but somehow misguided homeowner threw the flaming gas can in his pool, where it floated and continued to burn. The flames came into contact with the vinyl siding of the pool and burned right though releasing a wall of water, and the still burning island of a gas can.

Springfield fire officials told 22News they were called to 85 Castle St., where they found a pool fire that required the use of firefighter’s foam to extinguish it shortly before 5 p.m., reports WWLP.

Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger said a man was using gasoline to light a fire pit to burn yardsticks and leaves when the fire flashed and caught his gas can on fire.

The man then threw the gas can into the pool with its content on fire, causing it to spread a liquid fire on the top of the water in a half-filled pool.

No injuries are being reported at this time.

Geo quick facts: Springfield is a city in western Massachusetts. Beside the Connecticut River, Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame commemorates the sport in a striking building. Collections at the Springfield Museums include American paintings and sculpture, scientific exhibits and Asian art. The Amazing World of Dr. Seuss celebrates the beloved children’s author. Springfield Armory documents 2 centuries of military history – wikipedia.

Have Something To Add To This Story?
Comment Your Thoughts Below!
Share This Post With Friends And Family!

FILE UNDER: , , ,



TRENDING:
Buffalo Man Cameron Kosman ID'd As Victim In Sunday Fatal Kihei HI Motorcycle Crash | Virginia 'Mystery Boom' Heard From Chesapeake To Suffolk Monday Still Unexplained Navy Quiet