BROOKLYN, NY. (THECOUNT) — Camron Jean-Pierre has been identified as the 11-year-old boy found unconscious by EMS following an allergic reaction at a Brooklyn home on New Year’s Day.
Jean-Pierre was transported unconscious and unresponsive to an area hospital where he was later pronounced dead from what authorities say may have been an allergic reaction to the smell of cooking fish.
The NYPD says, the boy was found dead inside of a Dyker Heights home on 82nd Street just before 7:30 p.m. New Year’s Day after his family says “cooking fish” caused an allergic reaction.
Although rare, there are cases of children having life-threatening anaphylactic reactions to the smell of certain foods while they are cooking. source
The medical examiner’s office will determine the exact cause of death.
Police said the investigation is ongoing.
Dyker Heights is an affluent residential neighborhood in the southwest corner of the borough of Brooklyn in New York City, US. It is on a hill between Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst, Borough Park, and Gravesend Bay, according to Wikipedia.