PHILADELPHIA, PA. (THECOUNT) — An-Tso Sun has been identified as the Taiwanese man accused of threatening to carry out a shooting at his suburban Philadelphia Catholic high school.
Monsignor Bonner and Archbishop Prendergast High School exchange student, “Edward” Sun, pleaded guilty to a federal firearms charge Tuesday and is scheduled for sentencing in December.
School authorities were alerted in March that Sun talked about a May 1 shooting at Monsignor Bonner and Archbishop Prendergast High School in Upper Darby, about 7 miles (11 kilometers) west of Philadelphia. The teen called the talk a joke, but authorities found more than 1,600 rounds of ammunition, as well as weapons, in his home. source
His defense attorneys previously said Sun “had no intention or plans” to commit a school shooting and many items found were what he wore to school for a Halloween costume contest.
Keiko, @keikoinboston via twitter:
“Taiwanese celebrity parents of An-Tso “Edward” Sun said to be selling homes to raise money for his defense on federal charges. He’s facing a felony conviction w/ max 10 years in prison + $250K fine”
Sun previously pleaded guilty to state terroristic threat charges and was sentenced to four to 23 months.
FORT BEND COUNTY, TX. (THECOUNT) — Frank Beard, the longtime drummer of legendary rock band…
WASHINGTON, DC. (THECOUNT) — Ryan Michael English, also known as, Riley Jane English, has been…
GREENVILLE, SC. (THECOUNT) — Brian Hickerson and his brother, Zach Hickerson, were at the South…
AIRVAULT, FRANCE (THECOUNT) — Nicolas Altmayer, the influential French film producer behind dozens of acclaimed…
WASHINGTON, DC. (THECOUNT) — WASHINGTON, DC. (THECOUNT) — A 16-year-old lifeguard who saved a 10-year-old…
LAS VEGAS, NV. (THECOUNT) — Nearly three decades after the fatal shooting of legendary rapper…
View Comments
Build the wall
MAGA