Police say two-year old boy, Kejon Edwards, died after ingesting medication he found at his grandmother’s house in Henrico County Friday afternoon.

Lt. Richard Brown with Henrico Police said the toddler swallowed up to “12 adult-dosage pills” before he was transported to VCU Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.

Advertisement

Officials said his body has been transported to the medical examiner’s office to determine his exact cause of death.

The family’s spokesperson, Ricky Johnson, said he could not provide additional information since Edwards’ death as it is still “under investigation.”

“We suffered a loss and we are just asking that you pray for this family and pray for this community,” said Johnson with the Ricky Johnson and Friends Foundation. “The family is asking for privacy right now, while we try to figure this out. We’re just lost for words right now.” source

Neighbors said the victim has two siblings.

“It’s a tragedy and I’m going to miss him,” one neighbor said.

Officers said the incident remains under investigation. There has been no word if anyone will face charges in connection with Kejon’s death.

Have Something To Add To This Story?
Comment Your Thoughts Below!
Share This Post With Friends And Family!