Via AP:
Tom Hanks says he’s going on a “moratorium” for two years after his hometown Oakland Raiders leave for Las Vegas, but he didn’t explain what that entails.
The NFL approved the Raiders’ plan to move last month. A $1.9 billion stadium is slated to be built for the team with the help of $750 million in public money.
The San Francisco Chronicle is reporting, Hanks told author Dave Eggers on Monday that the NFL is a billion-dollar industry and NFL owners are billionaires. Yet, he says, when the owners want to build a stadium, “they expect the city taxpayers to buy the building.”
Hanks sees one positive in the Raiders’ exit: the possibility of a new baseball stadium for his Oakland Athletics.
WALKER COUNTY, AL (THECOUNT) — Whittney M. Barrentine and Chester G. Brown have been identified…
SAN ANTONIO, TX (THECOUNT) — Brittani Flanders has been identified as the woman who died…
JACKSONVILLE, FL (THECOUNT) — Janarious Mykel Wheeler, known professionally as Lil Poppa, has died from…
LOS ANGELES, CA (THECOUNT) — Claudia Funk, 35, has been identified as the woman killed…
MONTGOMERY VILLAGE, MD (THECOUNT) — Lascelle Lee IV has been identified as the 6-year-old boy…
WILMINGTON, NC (THECOUNT) — Tacoma Reda, 22, and Ofelia Landa, 62, have been identified as…