THECOUNT.COM "ALWAYS OPEN! Since 2005!" - April 14, 2014
Ice Cube picked the WRONG place to vent his frustration after losing the MTV Movie Awards for Best On-screen Duo to late actor Paul Walker for Fast & Furious.. Ice Cube told USA Today “We was robbed,” concluding “Shame on you MTV.”
After fans took to social media to express their outrage, Ice Cube retreated:
CLICK PHOTOS TO SEE MORE
“Re: The MTV Awards. I wasn’t really mad we didn’t win. I would never diss the actors who won. Not even Paul Walker. Seriously people!” The Friday After Next star added, “Don’t believe the hype.” source
But the damage had already been done..
The controversy started when Ice Cube claimed the Best Onscreen Duo award only went to Walker, who died last November in a car crash, as part of a “sympathy” vote by fans.
“We had the best chemistry of everybody nominated,” Ice told USA Today of his performance with Kevin Hart in Ride Along. “For us not to win was crazy. We were the best on-screen duo, period.”
The rapper turned actor added that the award should have been given to Walker, “before he passed away.”
Beyond Walker’s posthumous win, what was most upsetting to Ice Cube was the MTV Movie Awards as a whole. “I just wasn’t into it,” he told the paper of the star-studded live telecast. “I have been going in and out of these things for 25 years. If you ain’t into it, why torture yourself? As soon as you get bored, get up and leave.”
In fact, Ice left the Nokia Theatre shortly after arriving — long before the Movie Awards took a serious turn and paid tribute to Walker.
Comment Your Thoughts Below!
Share This Post With Friends And Family!
CSI Star Cheats Death In BAD Hollywood Car Accident | The Blood Moon Will Be Broadcast LIVE STREAM HERE