Sports Talk 790 “The Ticket” host Ethan Skolnick was arrested Wednesday in Boca Raton and charged with the of battery of a person 65 years of age or older. That person was not identified.
Skolnick was booked at the Palm Beach County Jail at 4:53 p.m. No other details regarding the incident were released by authorities.
Skolnick, 44, of Miramar, Fla., hosts a weekday show from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the popular south Florida sports talk radio show. Before radio, Skolnick appeared in TV commercials as a kid for the Juicy Juice beverage company, which was invented by his grandfather David Skolnick. Continue reading
All 5 ‘Face of Indy’ finalists participated in a paintball challenge today!
We all met up at ‘Paintball Indiana’ in Martinsville this Sunday afternoon, and boy it was fun!
Bob Barker, the beloved former ‘Price is Right’ host recently released his new biography “Priceless Memories”. I just learned that Bob made a comeback appearance on the Price is Right last month to promote the book. This is new to me! Here’s a few things I learned…
These 4 topics are said to be in his book:
* He’s A War Hero And Hoopster. Before he ever got shot by a camera, Bobby B. practiced dodging bullets while training to be a Navy fighter pilot during WWII. [Bookpage] And he shot hoops on a basketball scholarship at Drury College in Missouri. [Drury.edu]
* He’s A Rebel With A Cause. After decades of coloring his hair to fit game show host standards, in 1997 Bob publicly dissed the dye as it was tested on little furry animals. After 51 years on television, he was mighty silver by the end. Now, he’s credited with trail-blazing the gray trend for TV men. [Answers]
* He Hearts Animals. Bob credits Dorothy Jo, his high school sweetheart-turned-wife of 36 years, for inspiring him to become a vegetarian. After 20 years, he quit hosting the Miss USA pageants when they refused to remove fur prizes. [People]
* He’s A Lover And A Fighter. Chuck Norris trained Bob Barker in karate. [Next Round] Barker jumped at the chance to show off his skills and beat the crap out of Adam Sandler in “Happy Gilmore.” [imdb]
Thefrisky.com put together a humorous list of ‘what they think will be in his new book also’:
- “He’s Been Accused Of Sexual Harassment. Going by names, you’d assume the perv on the show would be announcer Rod Roddy. But in 1994, Dian Parkinson filed a sexual harassment suit against Barker, saying she was forced to hook up with him in order to keep her job emoting for Showcase Showdowns. Bob admitted they had some “hanky-panky” but that Dian left the show because of a catfight with fellow Barker’s Beauty Janice Pennington. [Hard Copy] — Yuck. Let’s call a spade a spade. And I’m not talking about pet neutering.
- He Likes His Beauties Skinny. Bob Barker fired spokesmodel Holly Hallstrom when she gained 14 pounds while taking a new medication. [Today Show] — Forget the weight, it’s clear who’s the biggest loser.
- And He’s Allegedly Racist. In 2005, Bob Barker retired early—on the same day African-American model Debbie Curling resigned. Coincidence? I think not! Ms. Curling filed a civil rights suit against the host after he allegedly limited the number of black guests and made racist remarks on the set. Rumor has it after that CBS finally kicked Barker to the curb. [Pop Crunch] — L8R H8R!“