THECOUNT.COM "News You Can Count On!" - February 10, 2018
Oh Snap! If you haven’t experienced the terrible Snapchat update yet, consider yourself lucky. The unwanted update pissed off A LOT of the app’s users, with a lot of folks threatening to just press delete in disgust. Luckily, there’s a way to get the old Snapchat back and avoid the “confusing” and “irritating” update, according to altpress.
Just follow the 10 steps below and you’ll be back action in no time.
Snapchat has apparently never heard of the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” philosophy, pushing forward with an update that sent users into a frenzy. Stories and Friends were combined into one page, with celebrity and publication stories in an entirely different section.
The update came with a lot of backlash, making the once easy-to-use app confusing and frustrating.
But before you toss Snapchat out for good, you can use these steps to get yourself back to your trusty older version of Snapchat.
1. Delete the app
While it will say that all your data will be deleted, don’t freak. All your previous snaps and contacts will still be there.
2. Open your phone settings and go to iTunes and App Stores, turn off “automatic downloads” for Apps and Updates.
You may not need to turn off both, but per directions it states to switch off both… and why change it if it works? (You hear me Snapchat?!)
3. Re-download Snapchat
“Hello darkness, my old friend….”
4. Type your username in the log-in screen BUT DON’T LOG IN! Instead, click on “Forgot your password?”
It’s going to get a little complicated, but just stay with us. We got you.
5. Snapchat will ask you how you want to reset your password. Choose to reset your password via PHONE.
Everyone says this part is super important, so do it OK?
6. Now you get to prove you’re not a robot by clicking pictures of ghosts.
Why is the logo a ghost anyway…
7. Snapchat is going to be sly and ask for your digits. Type in your cell number and hit “Continue”
We’re almost there!
8. You’ll receive a text from Snapchat with a confirmation code. Put that code in the app.
This will all be worth it. We promise.
9. Choose your new password.
And don’t forget it like me…
10. Now reopen your app and the old version of Snapchat should be back.
How did you feel about the new Snapchat update? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
No Paywalls, No Popups, No Video Ads!
Just Your New Favorite Source For News!
“Please Consider Supporting Us By Sharing This
Thoughtful Story With Family & Friends”
FL COPS: Lakewood Man Provided Child "Morning After Pill" "Pregnancy Tests" During Year-Long Abuse
Johnson County Sheriff On Grisly Murder-Suicide Of 5 "Most Disturbing I've Seen In 34 Years"
Have Something To Add To This Story?