December 9, 2012
Despite a B+ CinemaScore, “Playing for Keeps,” starring Gerard Butler, Jessica Biel, Uma Thurman, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Dennis Quaid, reported in at a disappointing No. 6 domestically.
Could one of the reasons be this movie is performing so poorly that Butler is trying to pull-off playing a college student? He does right?
Title, Weeks in Release/Theater Count, Studio, Three Day Weekend Total, Cume
1. Skyfall, 5/3,401, MGM/Sony, $11 million, $261.2 million.
2. Rise of the Guardians, 3/3,639, DreamWorks Animation/Paramount, $10.5 million, $61.9 million.
3. Twilight: Breaking Dawn — Part 2, 4/3,646, Summit, $9.2 million, $268.7 million.
4. Lincoln, 5/2,014, DreamWorks/Disney, $9.1 million, $97.3 million.
5. Life of Pi, 3/2,946, Fox, $8.3 million, $60.9 million.
6. Playing for Keeps, 1/2,837, FilmDistrict, $6 million, $6 million.
7. Wreck-It Ralph, 6/2,746, Disney, $4.9 million, $164.4 million.
8. Red Dawn, 3/2,754, FilmDistrict, $4.3 million, $37.3 million.
9. Flight, 6/2,413, Paramount, $3.1 million, $86.2 million.
10. Killing Them Softly, 2/2,424, The Weinstein Co., $2.7 million, $11.8 million.
Don Lemon did his best to conduct a civil interview with boisterous rapper Talib Kweli, but that was not going to happen[View Post]
“It was a run by fruiting” was one of our favorite lines from Mrs. Doubtfire, and now that scene has been immortalized by Reddit user djwiseiv in the form of an awesome tribute tat... [View Post]
Don Lemon did his best to conduct a civil interview with boisterous rapper Talib Kweli, but that was not going to happen.. Kweli admonished Lemon for his interviewing tactics th... [View Post]